Carbonite App Safeguards Mobile Content and Devices
Carbonite Mobile backs up photos and videos for all iOS and Android devices safely to the cloud, and also includes features that protect a user's mobile device and personal data in the event of loss or theft.
The new app includes three distinct features to make it simple and quick for mobile device users to maintain and protect their mobile devices:
- Backup - This feature lets users back up the full resolution photos and videos located on their iOS or Android device securely to the cloud. Carbonite Mobile also archives any photos and videos accidently deleted from the mobile device so the user can download them back to their phone through the app.
- Device Protection- This feature — available exclusively for Android — allows users to protect their mobile device and personal data in the event of theft or being misplaced by locating, locking, ringing or "destroying" the device.
- Locate - Uses the Android device's built-in location services to track its approximate position
- Ring - This "scream" feature causes the Android device to emit a sound, even when set to silent or vibrate, so a user can find it when it's within earshot
- Lock - Adds a passcode to the Android device for additional security
- Destroy - Remotely wipes a user's personal data (include SD card) from an Android device, restoring it to factory setting
- Access- This feature enables users to view the files backed up from each of the devices (mobile, PCs and Macs) that Carbonite protects from one account, no matter what device or operating system they use. For example, a user could access videos on their iPhone from their iPad or Android tablet using the Access feature. Carbonite Home online backup customers can view and share their backed up computer files from their mobile device as previously, but now can access their mobile photo and video backup as well.
Carbonite Mobile is available now for free for all iOS and Android devices and can easily be downloaded through the App Store or Google Play Store. For current Carbonite Home online backup customers, the App will also allow them to access their protected Carbonite files.