Havana Clock for iPad combines an Alarm Clock with Reddit
The developer has made the first iOS app that he has have ever programmed a treat for himself. It combines my need to wake up every morning with one of his favorite Internet pleasures (or timewasters, depends how you look at it): Browsing images on Reddit.
It's like a picture frame with alarm functionality that displays images from Reddit as a slideshow. There's also several features in the app that are missing in some of the other alarm clock apps.
Here's a list of features of Havana Clock:
- Grab pictures from arbitrary "subreddits" for the slideshow
- Use your own pictures from your iPads image gallery
- Store any Reddit picture with two taps to your gallery
- Open the discussion page for every Reddit picture (useful to find out where a photo was taken for example.)
- Wake up to some (rather horrible) sounds or play your own music from your iPad's Music app
- A Popup tells you in how many hours the alarm will go off when you set it (similar to Android's alarm clock)
- Change fonts and colors and adjust brightness with a swipe gesture
- Switch between "full-screen" or "whole-image" mode (in version 1.1)
- and of course the app also has a built-in flashlight (mandatory feature)
More features will be added in the future depending on user feedback.
The app is available for free in the iTunes AppStore.