Wavii App 2.0 Launches
Facebook is a great place to see what's going on in your friends' lives and give your opinion. But, it's a little tougher to find, discuss and follow the latest news because its spread between a lot of conversations and groups of friends. Outside of Facebook, these and the other 99% of stories on the web typically show up in the news dozens of times, with conversations about them scattered everywhere you look.
Twitter isn't any better. You follow people to get interesting news, but find your feed filled with noise and duplicates of the same opinion and story repeated ad nauseam. Then, good luck having a conversation about something…it's hard to track the thread and know where to reply. And even when you find a story you want, you have to read each article to get the details.
The new Wavii is built to address this.
Wavii's easy-to-use iPhone app 2.0 crawls the real-time web (articles, blogs, tweets and more), figures out what's happening, and creates instant news feeds with updates about any topic. Unlike other places people turn to for news, these updates distill all related articles into a single, unbiased feed item, so you can avoid duplicate stories and have one place to discuss events with friends. Your newsfeed on Wavii is personalized based on the topics you care about. Key features include:
- Smoother navigation, commenting and social sharing: Wavii 2.0 for iPhone not only features a new streamlined look and feel, it also includes a new social bar that lets you see what stories your friends have interacted with and enables you to easily share your thoughts too. You can also quickly share stories via email, or over to Facebook and Twitter.
- More updates for any topic: Wavii 2.0 delivers a wider range of the world's events as short, simple status updates in your newsfeed.
- Quick and easy discovery of new topics to follow: Wavii 2.0 provides quick access to category feeds like "Popular," "Tech," and "Entertainment", making it easier to discover new and interesting topics that you can follow to personalize your experience.
- More ways to get started:You can now use Twitter or an email address to sign up, in addition to Facebook.
Wavii was designed for the new consumer that is Facebook-savvy, mobile and feels they are unable to efficiently keep up with the world - and can be used to:
- Quickly see what's happening with your interests and share your opinion
- Track politicians during an election cycle
- See opinions from your friends on major events, like the Academy Awards or Emmys
- Track industry news for your career
- Get up-to-speed quickly on new industries and companies
To download Wavii's iPhone app from the iTunes App Store, please visit www.wavii.com/getapp
Wavii is a personalized app and web site that lets you follow your interests, just like you follow your friends on Facebook. Wavii's technology reads the real-time web (e.g., articles, blogs, tweets and more), figures out what's happening in the world, and provides instant news feeds for any topic you care about. For more information, please visit www.wavii.com.